Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Family,
How the time has flown by! I already have three weeks in the field! This week I think I have learned the most in my mission so far. I think it was becasue the first two weeks I was focused on surviving more than anything!

I had the awesome chance to go to the Quetzaltenango temple this week and I can´t tell you how much I needed that! I had wanted to go since the first day I got in the field because I get so much strength from the
temple! I can´t tell you how beautiful the temple is! I am so grateful that we had the chance to go there and that through the restored gospel we have the huge blessings of temples in these latter days!

Yesterday I went on divisions with one of the Elders in our apartment, Elder D. (the Guatemalan). We had so many spiritual lessons yesterday and it was definitely the highest point of my mission yesterday! We taught our third lesson to a man named E.  We had the oppurtunity to teach him along with his sister who takes care of him and later their mom came out and joined the lesson! It was such a spiritual lesson and we had a great time laughing, talking, and feeling the spirit!  We also had an awesome lesson yesterday with a man named R. We gave him a Book of Mormon in the last lesson and we read in 2 Nephi 31 with him yesterday and helped him see that the Book of Mormon is his key to knowing that all this is true. He said that if he can know the Book of Mormon is true he will be baptized that day! I can´t tell you how wonderful it is to teach by the Spirit and see it work in the people we teach!

I am so grateful for all that I learned this week and that things get better here every day! I know I couldn´t do any of this without all of your support and prayers and above all the support of the Savior. I can´t tell you how much I´ve learned about how important the Savior is for us especially in times of need. It is amazing how much your testimony will grow when all you have to lean on is this gospel! I love you all so much and my heart is with all of you during this special time as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment