Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mazate 2



Saying goodbye to papi Coello.


Dear Family,

You won´t be able to guess where I am right now. I am back in Mazate! It kind of feels like coming back home! I just love this place!

Earlier in the week President Ruiz gave me the news that I was going to be leaving the office during the changes. I am super grateful for the time that I got to spend in the office. After it was all said and done I really did see why the Lord sent me there with my cast.

I have really enjoyed my new area here in Mazate.  Almost all of my areas have been a little bit rural (the houses are a little spread out and there aren´t so many businesses) but my new area here in Mazate is much different! We have the whole center of Mazate, the biggest city in the mission. I think sometimes the hardest part is finding houses where people actually live because there are so many businesses. Plus, I am continually trying to not get hit by a car because I am just not used to so much traffic. I kind of envision myself in the movie ´Elf´ when he is crossing the street and gets nailed by a taxi. But I am being careful, don´t worry. I guess a lot of the members had told the Elders that in this area it would be way too hard but we are seeing a lot of miracles! This Sunday we had 3 families come to church and they all came just on their own! Our class in the second hour of church for all the new members and visitors had like 40 people! It was quite the sight.

I am not sure what I am going to do when I get back to the cold, icey weather in the states because even just the mornings here are a little chilly and make me so, so cold. I am just so used to always sweating! Maybe someday I can get a home here in Guatemala so that I can live here for 6 months during the winter and then when the rain starts here in Guate I can live in the states for the other 6 months. Future dreams of Elder Jensen.

I am so grateful to be here in the field again! I really learned a lot from my experience on crutches and for my time I got to serve in the office. Now I am ready for a new challenge! After all, there is no growing in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growing zone! Thanks for all the prayers always!

Love,
Elder Jensen

¡VIVA MAZATE!


Members of the church in Reu

.



No comments:

Post a Comment