Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Counting My Many Blessings

Dear Family,


How are you all? I hope you all can survive the icy cold weather this week! I will try hard to enjoy the beautiful weather for you all! Sorry this email is a day late, I had just about finished this email when the power went out in the internet cafe but luckily today I found that it had saved.

I will never stop being amazed at how fast the time passes by hear on the Lord´s errand. When I try harder to use this special time to serve the Lord the best I can it seems to go so fast. I really to try to make sure that I don´t waste a second of this time because if the time moves as quickly as it has, I will be finished very soon! I hope I can continue to make the most of it and find all the people that Heavenly Father has prepared for me to bless their lives with this incredible message of joy and happiness.

I realize more and more each day that this gospel really is the only thing that will make us happy. And not only does it make us happy but gives us strength in every aspect of our lives. Without the gospel and the knowledge that I have of it´s truth I would never be able to get up and work each day. But I know that this gospel is true and I can see and feel everyday what a blessing it is for each one of us and how much every one of God´s children need this gospel. I guess that´s what gives me the strength to keep trying, is the hope that I can help these people taste of this joy that I get to have every day!

I think I am finally starting to get a feel for the culture here. The food doesn´t seem so strange anymore and know I expect to eat every meal with tortillas. The other day I had my first pescado (fish) and it was a little intimidating at first because a looked down at my bowl of soup and there was an entire fish there but it actually tasted really good (even though it was king of hard to find all the little spine bones). My spanish also continues to improve and I am so so grateful that I have the chance to live with 3 other spanish speakers. It is so amazing how the Lord can help us grow. I think I´ve got spanish down enough that I can talk to my companion about anything and I can get along really well in the lessons (understanding and speaking). The only time I get lost is when people are talking really informally or when people are talking about random subjects with a ton of weird vocabulary.

In the work this week we didn´t really get to see a lot of tangible success.  We are working really hard to find new people to teach and it is a little bit of a struggle but I think we are going to start working hard to work with the members. It is so important that the people who know the joy and blessings of the gospel get involved in sharing it with everyone! I´m looking forward to helping some of the members get involved here and experience the joy that we missionaries get when we see people make changes and receive blessings in their lives!

I will never be able to thank the Lord enough for this mission experience! Sometimes it´s hard to see the blessings and other times I can´t even count all the blessings! I just know that this church is true and that the Lord really will take care of us and listen to our prayers. I love you all so much and can feel your support, love, and prayers carry me each day.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment