Monday, December 1, 2014

Moving to a new living space.

Dear Family,

Hopefully you all had a great Thanksgiving! This year I missed the food just a little bit more since my companion and I spent a lot of the day talking about our favorite Thanksgiving dishes. I guess our family isn´t the only one that makes pink jello, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, homemade rolls with jam, and other fun stuff. 

I guess the big news this week is that we decided to finally change houses. We got a little tired of all the crazy stuff in our last house and we moved in to a member´s house this week. I wish I would have taken some pictures of our pickup truck trips because somehow we got our stuff in only a few trips. It´s a good thing the police aren´t too picky about that kind of stuff because we had a lot of stuff crammed in the back of that pickup truck. It all turned out all right and we are now enjoying having a better shower and other better conditions. It is a little tight in the couple rooms that we live but I guess we will never get all we want. 

Like every other Sunday morning we did divisions with members this Sunday to go bring our investigators to church. My companion, Elder Cook, went to get an investigator named M. that we have been teaching for over a month who has said that we will go to church but has never gone. He is a great guy and a good friend of some members but he has never made it to church. Well, yesterday Elder Cook decided that he wasn´t going to leave the M.´s house unless it was to the church with M.. After a series of intense conversations with M.´s wife and a lot of waiting I saw Elder Cook walk in with M. right before the sacrament. It was so cool and M. felt so happy in church as his friends came over and hugged him after the meeting. I am really excited for him and I know that he will progress a lot more now that he has gone to church and felt good there. He is about 50 years old and it turns out he is a good friend of F., who was just baptized so we hope to see miracles with him.

Since our ward is divided in two areas, we have decided to start to focus on strengthening our part of the ward. We actually had some cool moments with our recent converts (V. and F.) where they came and visited their friends and family members with us. It is so nice to see these new converts getting excited and involved in missionary work and I know that will really help the church to grow down in our area. It takes a lot of hard work and patience but I know that we will see a lot of cool miracles if we have love for the people here. 

It sounds like this week we will return to Xetulul! This is going to be our mission Christmas activity so I am pretty excited for that and also to see some more of my mission friends from other zones. Sorry I forgot to take pictures this week but I´m sure there will be some good ones this week.

I know that Heavenly Father is so merciful with us in our area. Even though we don´t always give it our best effort the Lord always blesses us and makes up for the difference. I really want to improve each day and try to serve more effectively to the investigators and missionaries that I serve. I am also thankful for my perfect example to follow, Jesus Christ.

Love,
Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment