Sunday, May 18, 2014

El Día de Las Madres

Talking with you all!


Dear Family,

How fun it was to talk to you all this Sunday! I was just about beside myself for how happy I was to see you! The cool thing is that each time I get to talk to you guys I feel so much more motivated to work hard and be dedicated. I like to think that you guys believe that I`m the best missionary in the world so I try to go out and make that the truth! Not to mention it was fun to see how much different everybody sounds (including me)!

I am so glad that the Lord blesses those who really pray with all their heart and then they get up and work to fulfill their prayers. We continue to be blessed with wonderful people to teach that have almost just come to us because we have been diligent and obedient. Also I had a really big achievement for me this week. About a week ago I was studying a lot about opening our mouths in every moment to share the gospel. As a human (and a pretty shy human) it is tough sometimes to have the courage to open my mouth in every moment. Last week I built my faith a lot on the blessings of opening my mouth and I talked to a lot of people on the buses (we take a bus for 7 or 8 minutes from Santo Domingo to Mazate). I got to talk to some really amazing people. One morning this week we had some appointments that had fallen and we started to ask ourselves where we should go. I remembered somebody that I had talked to on the bus and that we were in the neighborhood he had told me. I looked at his address I had written down and his last name but the bus was so bumpy when I wrote it that I almost couldn`t read it. I basically guessed what it said and we started asking everyone where he lived (saying the name incorrectly the whole time). We kept going until I finally was able to make out my writing and remember what the name was. Right after

Elder B. and I at the Las Flores chapel


that we asked someone and they took us right to him and we found and taught him a great lesson and he went to church with us this Sunday! His name is L. and I am so glad the Lord put me in his path that day in the bus and helped me find him that morning so that he can continue to learn about the restored gospel and be able to have so many blessings! And what a great testimony builder about opening the mouth in every moment! The Lord really does put prepared people in our path!

We are really hoping that we can have some more baptisms this Saturday. A sister named C. and her daughter M. came to church again with their member friend. They were the ones who showed up to church my miracle last Sunday. We have had wonderful lessons with them this week and they are really feeling the conversion of the Spirit. We will continue to teach them this week and help them accept a date for baptism. Also we are teaching another amazing youth named C. who is another friend of a member. We taught him about the gift of the Holy Ghost and the lasting comfort that He gives us, C. really lit up and felt a huge desire to have that comforter at his side at all times. He also wants to be baptized this week. There will be a lot of prayers for that. We are also teaching a couple named L. and R. They have been married for 30 years and have children who have already moved out. When they first heard the message of the Restoration of the Gospel they were really touched by the Spirit. I am very excited for this week and really hope to have some great experiences to tell you next week!

I`ve been just a little bit anxious about these changes this week. I am almost sure that a new missionary will be coming and that means I`m in for some amazing and unforgettable experiences. I will do my best to be an amazing example and help someone through a change that`s sometimes really tough but very worthwhile. I will also be relying a whole lot on the Spirit to magnify our callings so that we are guided to the exact spot where we need to be and we can teach exactly what the Lord wants us to teach. Not to mention that I will get to talk with this guy about all the fun little culture notes of Guatemala.

One great thing I am learning to do is to keep people very interested in the gospel. Sometimes it takes a little bit of creativeness but people love to have fun as they learn more about the church. We have had some Fireside nights here in Santo Domingo that have been so so fun and so very spiritual also. We, the missionaries, acted out some really funny skits from the scriptures about when Nephi broke his bow and when Abraham took us son up to be sacrificed. People were just dying from laughing and when we talked about the stories after everyone wanted to participate and learn and everyone felt the Spirit for sure! I loved it so much and really felt a great love for everyone there! It is just so special to be part of experiences like that!

I am so glad that the Lord lets normal people like me be his missionaries. It really is the greatest thing that I can do and I feel like it almost isn`t fair for all the amazing blessings that the Lord gives me. I know that as long as we continue to show the Lord the love we have for him, he will always take care of us and show us his love as well!

Love,
Elder Jensen





No comments:

Post a Comment