Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day


Dear Family,

This week was kind of tough but I have really felt the Lord carrying me and giving me the energy and hope to keep working hard. I realize every single day that this work is impossible without him but with him every single moment is completely worth it.

This week we also found a really cool family! The mom of the family is named M. and she has five or six kids. We have only taught the whole entire family one time and they really liked the visit. They said that they have heard a lot of negative things about the church but that they say that all of that wasn´t true when we visited. The mom is the most interested in the gospel and she actually went to a baptismal service of the other missionaries in the ward this past Saturday and she went all on her own! She said she would go to church but something happened Sunday morning and she couldn´t make it but we are having some really good visits with here and some of her kids. They have a lot of doubts about the Book of Mormon and about Joseph Smith but we´re going to help them this week.

I am so grateful for all that I have learned this week. It was pretty hard but as I am learning, we are so blessed to have trials because if we endure them well our testimony and love of the Savior will grow so much.

I also realized this week that it is really hard for missionaries to find people to teach all on their own. We decided that we are going to start visiting the members and encouraging them to do everything possible to share the gospel with their friends. We know how scary and hard it can be but we are going to do everything possible to ¨Trust in the Lord¨ just like Elder Ballard talked about in this October 2013 conference. I love that talk and I shared the ideas of that talk as I spoke in Sacrament yesterday. I really want the members here to feel the amazing joy of sharing the gospel so I will do all I can to help them.

I am so grateful each day for all that the Lord has blessed me with and all that he teaches me here on my mission. It really is amazing what happens when your mind is centered in the gospel and in others all the time. I hope you all have a wonderful week and keep enduring those cold temperatures!

Love,
Elder Jensen






Elder Jensen's Desk

Sleeping quarters




No comments:

Post a Comment