Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Surprise Visitor


Dear Family,

I think you would all be surprised how many ups and downs you experience as a missionary. There were a lot of extremes this week of really awesome experiences and a couple disappointments but luckily the Lord helps me keep serving him with a great attitude and with many blessings.

This past Saturday we had a nice little surprise in the morning. As we were about to start our companionship study we saw President Ruiz (mission president) out the window. He was coming from Xela and felt impressed to come and visit us for our companionship study. It is kind of one of those things you joke about but it actually happened. We were a little nervous but it was a great hour of study and we really learned a lot from him. He challenged us to read the whole Book of Mormon. I started doing it that day and I can see already how inspired that challenge was!

Like I just said I have set a goal to read the whole Book of Mormon in spanish. I have already gotten to 1 Nephi 8 and I can´t tell you how much I love the spirit of the Book of Mormon. I have just fallen in love with it and with the spirit I feel each time I open its cover. I just love the prophets and their stories and their hopes, like mine, of eternal life and salvation through the Savior. I have also kept my goal of memorizing scriptures each day. I am so grateful for the guidance of the Lord in my life in helping me set these goals and reap the blessings in the process.

I love this gospel so much and my love grows for the Savior each day as I testify of him with all my heart to as many people as possible!

Love,
Elder Jensen







No comments:

Post a Comment