Monday, October 12, 2015

Cookies

On the street with one of Elder Walton's old backpacks.


Dear Family,

Usually I am able to do a good description of the week because I write certain events in my missionary planner but I lost it on a bus today! We will see how good I can remember all the stuff that happened this week.

My companion and I have had a great time together. There is nothing better to have a companion that also loves the work with all his heart. We were working super hard on Tuesday and Wednesday because we had to train all of the zone leaders, district leaders, and all the news and their trainers in just 2 days. But, somehow we did it, and were able to get some awesome food for everyone. I always enjoy getting the chance to talk to all of the leaders in the mission and help them feel a bit more capable and excited to go out and get the mission doing the best it can.

Delicious dinner!


We also had a really inspired leader’s council on Tuesday with President and all of the zone leaders where we came to the conclusion that there is a small issue with pride right now in the mission. We decided that the whole mission needed to study the Elder Benson talk called Beware of Pride. We have actually seen some awesome results (personally as well) because after that talk we were able to find out that many companionships haven't been studying together because they think their own abilities and skills are enough to help them succeed even if they haven't studied in the morning. President was able to figure all of this out after visiting a few zones and it has been cool to see things improve and get the whole mission back on its studies.

I have really enjoyed being back in the area here in Reu again because I have been able to return back and visit the investigators that my companions and I had found and taught back in July. We actually had an amazing experience with a husband named C. and his wife J. Elder Merrill and I had found them back in July but I never heard anything new about them. Well, we returned and found that they were very excited to see us again and we are helping them right now get ready to be married so that they can be baptized (Hopefully before I leave!!). It has been a great experience and a testimony that God really does prepare the hearts of the people to receive his word with joy!

My companion in a tricky situation.


Some fun things that happened this week (let’s see if I can remember):
   We met a guy whose last name was 'makepeace" , in Spanish pronounced makaypeyacay. Not sure where that last name came from.
   We also met a tuc driver whose name was "Evil". He actually had a pretty good story about how he got it. I guess his mom found a biblical book that was written in English. Knowing that the book was biblical she decided to pick out any word from the book and give that to her son. Well, it turns out she picked the work evil and assuming that it was some righteous word she named her kid "Evil". He is scared to ever go to the states because they will make a lot of fun of him there.
  
   We managed to find some Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix and enjoyed many many many cookies. Hopefully this week we can try some brownies!




I am so grateful for the chance to represent the Lord and help in his work. I have learned a lot in the past few days how essential it is to have the Spirit to make important decisions and I am trying my hardest to maintain that Spirit each day to loosen my tongue and help Gods children in all parts of the mission.

Love,

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment